Monday, July 21, 2008
Here's some stuff I am sick of, particularly worn all at once:
1. The ubiquity of Wayfarers, obvs.
2. Denim vests/any vests layered slouchily over
3. Early 90's esque babydoll dresses, topped off with
4. A pair of Keds with no socks. I really don't hate Keds or anything, but remember how everyone hated Keds like until really recently? But now everyone loves Keds because they see other people loving Keds?
Here are some other crazy options this outfit could have gone for:
1. A neck scarf tied so that it forms an upside-down vee.
2. Doc Martens, the hot! new! shoe! I can't believe these are back considering like all my friends angrily wore combat boots in high school because everyone had a touch of goth to them, but now they fit into this grunge 90's revival thing.
If you're wondering where I got this image, it's from the blog of this twelve year old fashionista who is into music that I had not heard of until i was like 17. But that is neither here nor there.
1. The pocohontas band. Look, I can see the allure of looking like an elf princess, but this is one of those things that only works if you made it up, not if you saw someone else with a band around her head first.
2. The random graphic t-shirt tucked into the
3. Floral 90's skirt (it doesn't match! on purpose!) which goes with the
4. Leather mom bag. Hey, remember when nobody wanted purses with long straps because those were 90's but then the 90's came back and they're okay again? Well, I hate them.
Anyway, the moral of this post is: don't wear ten trends at once. It's like the accessory rule about taking one thing off.