Thursday, April 30, 2009

Amazing 40's Shoes



These are a 6.5 if you want to bid on them. They are the perfect 40's wedge height with amazing primary tri-colors (a sandal theme later repeated in the 80's- these are cute too) and high-up ankle straps, and even come with a cute original box.



These gorgeous 40's snakeskin platforms look so 70's glam rock. Lately I've been thinking about how the 70's copied the 30's a lot, from platforms to wide leg pants to little house dresses. I recently saw a photo of Ava Gardner at her 1930's-era senior prom and she was wearing a dead-ringer for a 70's maxi dress. It would be nice if I could find that photo, but I can't. Anyway, these are my size, but I'm expecting them to go pretty high. So damn fierce!

3 comments:

madam0wl, a.k.a Sandra said...

Oh my, I love those primary color ones! Too bad I have huge feet. I've been meaning to make my own pair of rainbow colored sandals, this reminds me to get on that.

Mary said...

how are you going to do it? i have a pair of cream sandals i want to dye red...

madam0wl, a.k.a Sandra said...

I was just going to use vinyl friendly paint markers on a pair of thrifted white "man-made" leather sandals. Might not look A+ right up close, but I'd be okay with that. I used metallic paint markers on a similar pair last year and they've held up okay. I have heard you can dye true leather, or paint it, but you need a certain type specific for leather.